WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Deputy Chairperson: Greg Gonzalez
Secretary: Ray Szpond
Members: Doug Chabrak, Tom Eastman, Douglas Pollock, James Sutton
Municipal Liaison: James Schworn
The responsibilities of the Wildlife Management Committee include the following:
- To become fully aware of open land within Branchburg Township.
- To analyze how the Township Committee can best harvest wildlife within the township in accordance with best hunting practices and in accordance with the laws of New Jersey.
- To determine existing problems facing property owners, agriculture and traveling within the township and to recommend reasonable solutions to the Township Committee to overcome those existing problems.
- To educate the public in understanding the need for wildlife management and negative effects of feeding wildlife and encourage existing farmers and property owners to open their lands for harvesting
- To promote the harvest of wildlife in an effective and coordinated manner.
- To promote compliance with the State of New Jersey Game Laws (N.J.S.A. 23:1-1 et seq.)
- To recommend to the Township Committee reasonable and desirable changes.
- To advise on any task referred to the Wildlife Management Committee by the Township Committee having to do with wildlife related activities.