Stanford University's Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Sign-Up now to attend in Branchburg Township
So what is Stanford’s Take Control of Your Health Program?
- “Take Control of Your Health” is an evidence-based workshop series offered in your area. It is considered the gold standard for chronic disease management.
- The workshops are a self-management education intervention for adults with chronic health conditions like arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, lung disease or a condition that requires management on a regular basis.
- Workshop is a series of weekly 2.5 hour long classes for 6 weeks. Participants learn techniques for coping with the physical and psychological effects of chronic disease, and strategies for reducing symptoms and disability.
- Among the proven benefits, participants report less pain, fatigue, and depression; more energy; better communication with their physicians; better overall health; and increased confidence that they can manage their health.
The workshops are facilitated by two specially trained leaders. Topics covered include:
- fitness and exercise, managing symptoms, pain and fatigue, nutrition, medications, treatment decisions, creating action plans and making daily tasks easier.
Light Refreshments will be served.
All participants will receive a FREE copy of the “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions”
Wednesday, March 15th