Registrar of Vital Statistics
Alternate Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics: Rene Campanelli
Phone: 908-526-1300 x 104
The Registrar of Vital Statistics registers vital events and maintains vital records of the life events listed below. Please note that all vital records are kept at the municipality where the event occurred and at the State of New Jersey Department of Health located in Trenton, New Jersey.
- Birth, marriage and death records starting at 1917
- Domestic partnership records starting at 2004
- Civil union records starting at 2007
- Adoptions – foreign and domestic
- Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth data starting at 1969
To make an appointment to apply for a Marriage License, Remarriage License, Civil Union or Reaffirmation of a Civil Union, please call the number listed above. Appointments must be made with a Certified Municipal Registrar during the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Instructions for Application of Certified Copies:
To download an application for a certified copy, please click here.
To apply in person:
1. The person requesting the vital statistic record needs to provide identification.
2. Acceptable forms of identification include:
a. Photo Driver’s License
b. A Non-Photo Driver’s License & an alternate form of identification which has the same address*
c. Photo ID and an alternate form of identification which has the same address*
*Two alternate forms of identification: Such as Vehicle Registration, Insurance Card, Voter Registration, Passport, Green Card, County or State, School ID, Utility Bill(s).
3. The fee for certified copies is $25.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order made payable to the “Township of Branchburg”. Please note we do not accept Credit or Debit cards.
If you are requesting a Certified Copy of a vital statistics record by mail:
*Please follow the same instructions as above with the following exceptions:
- Please send copies of your identification. Do not send any original documents.
Payments through the mail can be made by check or money order (NO CASH).
- Please send the following:
b. Copies of Identification
c. Payment ($25.00 - first copy/$2.00 for each additional copy)
4. Mail your request to:
Branchburg Township Clerk’s Office
1077 U.S. Highway 202 North
Branchburg, NJ 08876