Posted: May 15, 2023 (Open until filled)
Location: Township of Branchburg, New Jersey
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000
Type: Full-time – Experienced, Exempt
Responsible for planning, management, organizing, promoting, scheduling, coordinating, and supervising comprehensive recreational activities for all ages and interests in the Township of Branchburg, and provides management support to the Silver Saddle Pool. This position is responsible for the recruitment and supervision of related staff, volunteers, service concessionaires, and participants. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Recreation who reviews work primarily on the basis or results obtained.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(Illustrative only. Any single position of a classification will not necessarily involve all the duties listed, and many positions will involve duties which are not listed).
1. Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned staff and volunteers. Recruits, interviews, trains, and directs employees and volunteers to properly perform their duties.
2. Develops, schedules, implements, and supervises a comprehensive program of recreational, athletic, events and activities for the Township. Coordinates with organizations for scheduled use of related indoor and outdoor facilities and also the Township Pool.
3. Prepares, edits, and disseminates promotional and advertising materials using flyers, brochures, signs, public service announcements, news releases, website content, and social media, radio, TV, and other media resources. Develops and updates information for the Township’s electronic message displays.
4. Prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, contracts, and files related to assigned recreation programs, activities, and operations.
5. Represents the Township’s interest on boards and committees on issues affecting the operation of activities of the department.
6. Identifies and resolves workplace safety hazards. Ensures that all safety and risk management requirements are followed for employee and customer safety.
7. Purchases materials, supplies, and equipment according to established Township policies and procedures. Reviews product specifications and contacts vendors to obtain quotes. Maintains inventory and asset records for Department equipment and supplies.
8. Attends, presents, and promotes recreation and park program opportunities to a variety of groups, service organizations, schools, and private businesses.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Principles, practices, and techniques for developing, scheduling, implementing, and sustaining a comprehensive recreation, sports and leisure services program including municipal pool; Township and regional recreation programs, sports, activities, and facility operations; management principles, practices, and procedures pertaining to organizational systems, personnel, training and staff development; effective strategies and techniques to achieve enhanced customer service delivery and staff motivation. Budget planning, development, and control; recreation program marketing techniques and strategies; risk management and workplace safety precautions; computer software programs used for electronic communications, program registration, report writing, and financial analysis.
ABILITY TO: Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public. Represent the Township in a positive manner.
SKILLS IN: Record keeping, communications, and public relations, reports, and information development and Municipal Pool management.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of recreation, sports management, event planning, marketing or a closely related field is desired, or equivalent demonstrated experience. A minimum of three years of experience in managing and supervising recreational programming and a municipal pool is desired.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
1. Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
2. CPR and First Aid certificate.
3. Certification as Recreation Supervisor from the New Jersey Dept. of Community Affairs or Certified Parks and Recreation
Professional from the National Recreation and Park Association preferred.
4. CPO certification (can acquire if hired)
Please contact the Director of Recreation
John Voli, Director of Recreation
1077 Rt. 202 No.
Branchburg, NJ 08876
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled