THE BRANCHBURG POLICE DEPARTMENT PRESENTS "OPERATION BLUE GUARDIAN"
Through Operation Blue Guardian, a Police Department owned lock box (similar to a realtor's lock box) is installed on a door of the home. A key, supplied by the resident, is locked inside the box. In the event of an emergency, responding Police Officers are able to retrieve the key by using a confidential code allowing us to quickly enter the home without causing damage.
Applicants to Operation Blue Guardian must meet certain criteria and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Must be 55 years of age or older or have a medical condition that is potentially incapacitating
- Must either live alone, or be home alone on a frequent basis
- Must provide a key (or keys) for an entry door to the home
- Must grant the Branchburg Township Police Department permission to access and use the key in an emergency. A provided waiver form must be notarized and included with the application.
- The Police Department maintains ownership of the lock box, and if a participant moves from the residence they must notify the Police Department so that the lock box may be retrieved.
- For security purposes, the resident will not be given the code to the lock box and may not request access to the lock box except in a medical emergency.
Should you need assistance with filling out the application, please contact Sergeant Edward Edgar at 908-526-3830 ext. 419, or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).