Registrar of Vital Statistics
Alternate Registrar of Vital Statistics: Maria DeSimone
Phone: 908-526-1300 x 122
To obtain a Certified Copy in person:
As noted above, there must be a direct link between you and the person on the vital statistic record. If you are requesting a vital statistic record for someone other than yourself, you must be an immediate member of the family. This includes parents, legal guardians, spouses, children, grandchildren, and siblings of legal age. Please note that a grandparent, aunt, uncle, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, or daughter-in-law cannot request a vital statistic record.
(See below for special circumstances for death certificates)
You will need to complete an “Application for a Certified Copy of a Vital Record”
1. The person requesting the vital statistic record needs to provide identification.
2. Acceptable forms of identification include:
a. Photo Driver’s License
b. A Non-Photo Driver’s License & an alternate form of identification which has the same address*
c. Photo ID and an alternate form of identification which has the same address*
*Two alternate forms of identification: Such as Vehicle Registration, Insurance Card, Voter Registration, Passport, Green Card, County or State, School ID, Utility Bill(s).
3. The fee for certified copies is $25.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy. Payment can be made by cash, check or money order made payable to the “Township of Branchburg”. Please note we do not accept Credit or Debit cards.
If you are requesting a Certified Copy of a vital statistic record through the mail:
*Please follow the same instructions as above with the following exceptions:
- Please send copies of your identification. Do not send any original documents.
Payments through the mail can be made by check or money order (NO CASH).
- Please send the following:
b. Copies of Identification
c. Payment ($25.00 - first copy/$2.00 for each additional copy)
4. Mail your request to:
Branchburg Township Clerk’s Office
1077 U.S. Highway 202 North
Branchburg, NJ 08876
*Special Notes on Requesting Death Certificates:
In addition to immediate members of the family, death certificates can also be requested by the following:
1. Executor of the Estate of the Deceased. Please note that you will need to provide copies of the Executor papers.
2. Attorney or legal representative for an estate. Please note the attorney must provide:
a. A copy of the attorney’s photo identification
b. Proof that he/she is the attorney for the estate of the deceased
c. The attorney must fully identify the record by providing the following:
Date of Death
Place of Death
Parents Names OR Social Security # of the deceased.
3. Funeral Director on record.
4. Deceased Person’s primary caregiver.
5. Deceased Person’s legal guardian.
6. The Informant listed on the Death Certificate.
7. Anyone else possessing a court order allowing them to obtain a specific death certificate.